Surprise Mom! I re-made a video of us from 1994!
Sooooo, I eyeballed the recipe from a video of my mom and me (and my brother) circa 1994 and churned out some really tasty bread! (And learned that apparently I estimate measurements using a ton of 2's...)
If you like the video, please subscribe to my channel!
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons honey (substitute light corn syrup for a vegan friendly recipe)
2 tablespoons brown sugar or molasses
2 cups flour
200 mL water
1. Combine all ingredients (except water) in a food processor (or bowl) and add in water.
2. Mix for approximately 2 minutes in food processor or knead for 10 minutes by hand.
3. Once a smooth(ish) doughball is formed, place in a large oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and a dish towel and place in a warm area of your house. Fold edges of the dough over to the center every hour for the first 3 hours, then let rest overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºC and place a piece of parchment paper in a lidded cast iron dutch oven.
5. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and tuck edges under to form a taught ball. Place gently in the parchment paper inside the dutch oven and cover.
6. Bake for 40 minutes with the lid on, then remove the lid and continue to bake for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown and the inside of the bread reaches 200ºF/95ºC.
Cool and enjoy!