Yoooo, these bacon breadcrumbs are so good. Put them on top of mac and cheese, eggs, your naked body, or whatever else you'd like. You won't regret it ;)
½ loaf of nice bread, chopped into 1 to 2 inch cubes (I used bakery sourdough)
4-6 slices good quality bacon
2 cloves garlic, crushed
smoked paprika (thats what I used)
1. Preheat your oven to 375ºF/190ªC.
2. Toast the chopped bread in the oven on a sheet tray until dried out and starting to brown (about 15-20 minutes)
3. While the bread is in the oven, crisp your bacon in a pan over medium-low heat as to prevent burning. Remove the bacon once the fat has been rendered out and the bacon is very crisp. Set pan with the bacon grease aside- you'll use it in a minute!
4. Once the bread and bacon are cooled, blend them up into breadcrumbs using a blender or food processor.
5. Put the bacon grease back over low heat and stir in the crushed garlic to soften. Add in the breadcrumb mixture, salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you would like. I highly recommend smoked paprika.
6. Stir to toast the crumbs and voila! Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Note: I do not recommend deep frying with these breadcrumbs as the garlic will likely burn. Instead, sprinkle them over a dish as a garnish!